Rustic Apple Almond Tart
Time to Table
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Add the cottage cheese, 1/4 cup of the sour cream, 1/4 cup of the sugar and almond extract; process until almost smooth.
- Place the pie dough in the center of the parchment paper and spread with the almond mixture to within 2-inches of the edge.
- Toss the apples in a medium bowl with the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Arrange the apples over the almond mixture. Fold the dough up around the apples, pleating as necessary.
- Combine the milk and remaining 1 teaspoon sour cream in a small cup. Brush over the dough and sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature before serving.
- Dietary Fiber:1
- Total Carbohydrate:34
- Total Fat:12