Almond Coffee Cake
Time to Table
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray
- Combine the flour and 3/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup of the mixture and set it aside.
- To the remaining crumb mixture add the baking powder, salt, sour cream, 1 egg, and almond extract.
- Blend well.
- Spread the batter in pan. In a separate mixing bowl combine cream cheese, cottage cheese and 1/4 cup sugar and beat with the paddle attachment of the mixer.
- Add the remaining egg and beat an additional minute until blended well.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the batter in the pan
- Combine the reserved crumb mixture with almonds.
- Sprinkle over the cheese mixture in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until cheese mixture is set and cake is firm and slightly pulling away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool before removing the sides of the pan and serving.
- Dietary Fiber:1
- Total Carbohydrate:38
- Total Fat:23