Mix It Up: Let Daisy Make Your Recipes Even Better
A Dollop of Daisy™ is the special ingredient that can make just about any dish taste better. Did you know? You can add a cup of sour cream to your cake batter for a moist, fluffy cake. And if you want your sour cream to be a thinner consistency, just give it a good stir—the more you stir, the thinner it becomes. Who knew sour cream could be so versatile? Explore our new and classic serving ideas.
For Appetizers & Salads
- Combine a jar of picante sauce with a container of sour cream for a zesty dip.
- Blend sour cream with bottled salad dressing to make a richer, creamier topping.
- Mix sour cream with a packet of ranch dressing to make a great-tasting dip for chips and veggies.
- Keep your guacamole dish looking tasty by spreading it with a thick layer of sour cream, then covering it with plastic wrap. When ready to serve, mix the sour cream into the guacamole for a rich, smooth dip. The sour cream and plastic wrap help keep the air out, and help keep your dip from turning brown.
For Main Dishes
- Try substituting sour cream instead of mayonnaise, yogurt, buttermilk, or cream cheese in casseroles.
- Jazz up grilled chicken or pork with a sour cream sauce using Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan cheese, and sour cream.
- For a quick, homemade Russian dressing, combine 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1 cup of ketchup, crushed garlic, and hot sauce for flavoring—delicious on your favorite sandwiches!
Looking for New Ways to Enjoy Cottage Cheese?
Whether you want a main dish recipe or a snack on the go, we’ve got some delicious ideas.View Tips